How the rankings are determined
Select a maximum of each chapters five (5) best placing teams at the Kansas State Career Development Events in Agriculture. The events and teams that will be recognized as any event put on by Kansas State University and consisting of at least three (3) individuals.
Points will be as follows:
- 5 points per teams competing (up to 5 teams)
- Bonus points will be given to the above 5 teams for the following placings
- 5 additional points for the teams that were in the bronze division
- 10 additional points for the teams that were in the silver division
- 20 additional points for the teams that were in the gold division
In case of a tie:
- First: The school with the lowest cumulative points of their combined team placings would be the higher ranking school. A school with five (5) teams would automatically win over a team with fewer than five (5) teams.
- Second: The school with the higher placing in any specific event in any specific event area would be the higher placing school.
- Third: The award would be given to the school with the higher placing in the larger event.
Awards will be given in the form of plaques to the top five teams overall, with the top team receiving a traveling trophy.
View an example scoring of chapters for the Sweepstakes Award.