Prepared Public Speaking LDEBack to CDE/LDE
Information Updated 7/21/2021
During the Prepared Public Speaking Leadership Development Event (LDE), students write and deliver a six to eight-minute speech about a current agriculture-related topic.
Students research a topic of interest and then put together a creative, informative speech. The speech is then presented to a panel of judges, who score the student based on the speech’s content, composition and delivery.
2021 State Winner
Carissa Dalquest, Council Grove FFA
- 2019 – Cassie Meyer, Marion-Florence FFA
- 2018 – Grace Roth, Holcomb FFA
- 2017 – Michael Dowd, Spring Hill FFA
- 2016 – Morgan Houk, Girard FFA
- 2015 – Clara Wicoff, Iola FFA
- 2014 – Bethany Schifferdecker, Girard FFA
- 2013 – Taylor Apley, Southeast of Saline FFA
- 2012 – Lindy Bilberry, Garden City FFA
- 2011 – McKenzie Gee, Stafford FFA
- 2010 – Sara Schifferdecker, Girard FFA