Agriscience FairBack to Awards & Scholarships
Information Updated 3/23/2023
Online Registration/Certification via JudgingCard: April 20, 2022
Submission of Application & Manuscript via AET: April 29, 2022
Virtual Presentation Judging: Week of May 9, 2022
The Agriscience Fair recognizes students who gain real-world, hands-on experiences in agricultural enterprises. Students use scientific principles and emerging technologies to solve complex problems related to agriculture, food, and natural resources. The agriscience fair is for middle and high school students.
The state Agriscience Fair will be held virtually. While the recognition of winners will be held in conjunction with the Kansas FFA Convention.
- Competition is open to all FFA members in grades 7-12. There are six divisions.
- Division 1 – individual member in grades 7 and 8
- Division 2 – team of two members in grades 7 and 8
- Division 3 – individual member in grades 9 and 10
- Division 4 – team of two members in grades 9 and 10
- Division 5 – individual member in grades 11 and 12
- Division 6 – team of two members in grades 11 and 12
Grade is determined by the grade level of the member at the time of qualification at the state level. Because the Kansas FFA Convention is held at the end of the school year, the student’s grade will be the year in school the student just completed.
Teams can be made up of two students in different grades but will compete in the division in which the older participant would qualify. Team members must be from the same chapter at the time of qualification.
2. Categories of Participation (For description and examples refer to the National FFA Agriscience Guidelines):
- Animal Systems (AS)
- Environmental Services/Natural Resource Systems (ENR)
- Food Products and Processing Systems (FPP)
- Plant Systems (PS)
- Power, Structural and Technical Systems (PST)
- Social Systems (SS)