Washington Leadership Conference ScholarshipsBack to Awards & Scholarships
Information Updated 11/10/2022
Electronic Application Due – December 1
Each year, FFA members from all over the United States travel to Washington, D.C. to attend the Washington Leadership Conference (WLC).
During the five-day event, FFA members learn how to become effective leaders by teaching them to know their purpose, value people, take action, and serve others. This is no ordinary leadership experience quite like WLC! Members spend the week putting these skills into practice as they make new friends from across the United States, touring our nation’s capitol and visiting with members of Congress. This action-packed week will help them gain self-confidence and leadership skills to take back to their FFA chapter and share with other members. Members leave WLC with the knowledge and the confidence to act in ways that help their schools, community, and their country.
**NEW** Courage WLC Scholarships are designed for members who have unusual personal or family circumstances and have shown courage, endurance and tenacity to progress in their FFA experience.
- Scholarships are open to all Kansas FFA members.
- A member completing the Courage WLC Scholarship form will be eligible for both the regular WLC Scholarship and the Courage WLC Scholarship.
- The highest-ranking scholarship application will receive a scholarship equal to the WLC conference registration. This does not include travel to the conference.
- FFA members who are associated with an active FFA Alumni & Supporters affiliate in good standing are eligible for a $650 scholarship.
- Deserving FFA members whose FFA chapter doesn’t not have an active local affiliate will be considered for $550 scholarships.
- Recipients must attend WLC the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced in mid-January.