Discussion Meet LDEBack to CDE/LDE
Information Updated 7/12/2021
The FFA Discussion Meet is an event designed to stimulate logical thinking, develop skills in communication and problem solving and engage FFA members in solutions for important topics of today’s agriculture industry. The competition will bring 4-6 FFA members to the table at a time to discuss an assigned topic for 15 minutes. Participants are scored and ranked on their ability to introduce the topic, analyze the problem, identify solutions, think critically, engage others effectively and summarize the discussion accurately. Topics will change each year, but will focus on issues in crops, livestock, natural resources, ag education and FFA.
Goals of the Event:
- Develop leadership skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving, active listening and collaboration, in future leaders of the agriculture industry.
- Recognize FFA members for researching important issues in agriculture and effectively discussing them with their peers.
- Expose FFA members to aspects of Kansas Farm Bureau they might not be aware of, especially the collegiate and YF&R programs, which they could become part of after high school.
- Encourage greater relationships between FFA chapters and county Farm Bureau associations.
As hosts for the events at both the district and state level, please visit the Kansas Farm Bureau webpage to learn more about the event and download resources for competition.Kansas Farm Bureau
2021 State Champion
Isaac Jirak, Udall FFA
- 2019 – J.W. Wells, Sedan FFA
- 2018 – Max Harmon, Inman FFA
- 2017 – Alexa McCurdy, West Franklin FFA